Friday, February 4, 2011

WAA Podcast Episode 25: The Slacktivist and the Adventist (51:19)

Elder Ted Wilson speaking at GYC
Welcome to another podcast episode of “What’s an Adventist?”

On October 6, 1844 William Miller wrote in the Midnight Cry, “My soul is so full I cannot write...I see that we are yet right. God’s word is true; and my soul is full of joy; my heart full of gratitude to God. Oh, how I wish I could shout. But I will shout when the ‘King of kings comes.’ Methinks I hear you say, ‘Brother Miller is now a fanatic! Very well, call me what you please; I care not; Christ will come...Oh! glorious hope. Then I shall see him, and be like him, and be with him forever. Yes, forever and ever.”

This pretty much captures the hopes and spirit of the early Adventists. Although Adventists today still hold on to the hope of Jesus return, over time that spirit has been slacking. Today, Adventist leaders are hoping to encourage Adventists all over the world to “go forward without turning back” and allow the Lord to rekindle the true spirit of revival and reformation (click on title or player to hear podcast).

This week Jesse Sias and Samuel Ikonne talk about the challenges Adventists face in being a Spirit-led movement again and where the true need lies if Adventists are to be true examples of the Christian hope and faith.

To read Elder Wilson's entire message click here

Also mentioned in this podcast, Steps to Christ by E.G. White, Chapter on Repentance


No comments:

Post a Comment